3rd Observation Corps Musketeers


As promised, the 3rd Regiment joins the Observation Corps (oddly, there was no second regiment, just 1,3,4 and 5), this time using some of the various firing poses Eureka offers. I like the look of the figures, but they do make it difficult to rank up.  The open order basing also works well with these castings as it adds to the chaotic look of the formation in various states of firing.

This is the last of the Eureka infantry on-hand, so the Observation Corps will go on hiatus for a bit while I focus on Saltykov's 1st line Musketeers and Grenadiers. 

Comments

  1. The Eureka infantry is more simple that the Blue Moon figures. The best way I can summarize it is that I can "see" the sculptor's carving tools in action. I can distinguish where little sausages of green stuff have been added to form detail. The Blue Moon infantry has much more crisp detail. I find the Eureka figures are easier to paint (fewer creases and detail overall), but prefer the look of the Blue Moon figures overall. I have some summer uniform Blue Moon Musketeers I am finishing up, so you will get a change to see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Eureka is the only show in town if you want to get 18mm Observation Corps musketeers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugly? I should say not, Jonovich. :-)
    Certainly not at anything like tabletop viewing distance.
    The 2nd Regiment was probably part of the other 15,000...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are less aesthetic than their Blue Moon counterparts, but they do look fine grouped together. I think our various interpretations of quality is what keeps so many companies in business.

      Delete

Post a Comment