Dog Faces



I decided to get in on Brigadier Game's Disposable Heroes Kickstarter last Spring and pick up a standard US Infantry Platoon for North West Europe.It's been about a year since I last played Chain of Command, so I figured I should add to the mix a little bit.

First up, I finished a single Infantry Squad with a mix of advancing and firing figures.  The Brigade Games minis are best described as "plastics in metal"  Each sculpt is two pieces:  Head and body, and the detail looks like it came from a 3D printed master.  For example the e-tool handles on the back have no separation from the torso.

Canteens, assault packs, and other details look identical down to minute details.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing, as you are getting a good mix of poses, so it doesn't really stand out. 

My package with a mixture of three squads of 12  with two squad leaders/asst squad leaders, a bar gunner and an ammo bearer per squad.  There is also PSG and PL, Bazooka team and runner to complete the HQ section.  This provides enough minis to field the standard US infantry platoon for Chain of Command.

NCOs with M3 SMG and M1 Carbine
BAR gunner and ammo bearer with extra bandoliers

The kick-starter also came with a two-man flame thrower team that I can add in if the mission requires.  I haven't added any division patches or stripes yet, as I am still considering what I want to do with them.  I am tempted to use either 1ID or 29th ID to keep them as regulars, but something in my background thinks maybe Armored Infantry would be better.  Perhaps some Old Ironside's patches and some Half Tracks in their future?   That would also necessitate a tank....

Comments

  1. Cool stuff! I like out the NCOs are based differently. I recall having difficulty finding my leaders on the table when we last played CoC. It has been a long time since a game of that. By the way, I have two Shermans ready to support your US infantry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the squad leaders on 1" octagons and the PL/PSG on larger hexagons. (I had the bases available.) I also use colored foliage tufts for leaders and the green foliage tuft for special and/or heavy weapons. Makes quick ID easy.

      Delete
  2. Great looking GI's! I played a fair amount of Disposable Heroes in the past - nice ruleset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to play the rules. Chain of Command finally proved more appealing than Battleground WWII

      Delete
  3. Definitely out of my area, but no less nicely done for that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment