Landsknecht Handgunners



All this 6mm Renaissance work inspired me to dig some of the 28mm figures out of the lead pile as well.  These guys make up a simple (T) stand of Handgunners/Arquebus to reinforce my Imperial Landsknecht squares.  I have a great deal of Skirmish (S) stands done already, but there is a definite deficit in my ranks.



I tried to subdue my tones a little bit, to give them a less "cartoonish" finish than my previous efforts.  I am putting the finishing touches on some Pike to go with them, so we will see how it works out overall.


Comments

  1. Great news! I am pleased to see this 28mm project on the painting table. I have a few units on my painting desk too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to get them on the game table again, if for no other reason than I need to pick up those CRM pikes!

      Delete
  2. Well done, these handgunners look superb and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am glad the colors came out well.

      Delete
  3. Great artwork, as usual. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Subdued" is always a relative thing when it comes to Landsknechts! These look great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment