A pair a pair o' Paras

A small addition to the US side of my 28mm Chain of Command project.  This time my remaining BAR gunners and another Junior Leader.  In my haste to do this project I neglected to actually remember everything that made the US Paratroopers unique in WWII.  One of those things was a preference for M1919A6 LMGs over BARs for the Infantry Squads.  From what I have found the BARs were not really used until the later portion of the war after D-Day and Market Garden.  The result is an overabundance of BARs on my part.

From my perspective I will simply count them as carrying M1s for games of Chain of Command, although it does mean that I need to pick up two more LMG teams at some some point.

Comments

  1. Nice job, especially on the shoulder patches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first time anyone mentioned the patches and the first I forgot to add a dot of yellow for the beak! Perhaps I have been overdoing this so far!

      Delete
  2. Great looking paras. Do they even make figures with M1919A6's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Artizan and BTD both do some LMG teams w/o tripods. I assume they should work.

      Delete
  3. Can one every have too many BARs? I think not! As Peter mentions, nice work on the airborne patch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Again, I am trying to fit the appropriate MTOE for the unit, but figured I had the ...figures, so might as well add em to the mix.

      Delete

Post a Comment