Viking Warriors

Some more Black Tree Design sculpts.  This time a pair of viking warrior bands.


I've switched to reds, whites and blacks for the shields, to make identification easy if I go force on force with my plastics


Overall, I am enjoying painting these Vikings far more than I expected.  Saga seems to be doing something I thought impossible:  making [sober] Dark Age skirmish gaming interesting.  The battle board provides that additional planning piece to make the game engaging.  I now rank up there with Command and Colors, Spearhead and Impetus for simple and engaging rule systems.  The scenarios also provide motivations and strategies beyond simple annihilation.


Comments

  1. Nice job on these! Have you found a BTD range that you do not care for yet? I haven't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Range no, there are some figs that swing and miss however.

      Delete
  2. My ancestors would be proud to see your Vikings! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully so do mine. My favorite part of watching the show "Vikings" is that it reminds me of my Grandmother telling me stories from the Sagas. She was from "Yevlah" Sweden, which means I truly had a Grandmother from hell.....

      Delete

Post a Comment